Monday, October 26, 2015

Menu Planning Week of September 13

Monday- Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes, salad (we love this alliterative Monday staple!)
This meatloaf is unlike any other.  It starts with a giant batch of fresh pico de gallo and just gets better and better.  Serve with mashed potatoes however you like them (my recipe is almost equal parts potato and sour cream with LOTS of pepper), and salad. I serve romaine lettuce with most meals. Each family member has their favorite dressing, and some of them use the lettuce leaves like chips to dip in their dressing. It's easy and green and a win!

Tuesday- Pork Zuppa and Garlic Bread (making a double batch for a friend recovering from surgery)
 I sub milk for the heavy cream called for in the recipe.

Wednesday- Chicken Strips, oven-fried okra, oven roasted broccoli
 I use chicken thighs instead of breasts (in almost every instance, thighs are better). 
Wash and cut okra and broccoli. Okra on one cookie sheet, broccoli on another. Spritz with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in 400 degree oven until desired texture is achieved. (I have two ovens and meals like this are the reason why. Chicken strips in the top, veggies in the bottom. Easy breezy.)

Thursday- Bacon-wrapped pork fillets, OMG Mac and Cheese, salad
We just started buying bulk meat from Zaycon. I'm excited to try these bacon-wrapped pork fillets. 
I don't like mac and cheese, but my family does. They prefer boxed garbage. I will only tolerate from-scratch versions as long as they don't involve my food nemesis, American cheese *shudder*. Add a sprinkle of dry mustard to make this recipe sing!

Friday- Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Curry over jasmine rice, edamame (a meal I'll dream about all week)
I add pineapple and a few tablespoons of my favorite red curry paste. Serve over fluffy jasmine rice and your favorite frozen edamame.

No comments:

Post a Comment