Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Menu Planning Week of October 18, 2015

Since FB hashtag searching is not my friend, I've decided to rekindle my old cooking blog.  Each week I'll post my menu plan over here with searchable labels!  Each post will have one week of recipes.  I hope you enjoy!

Week of October 18

Menu plan (tips and links in comments below) I only post dinners here.  Lunches are mostly leftovers or sandwiches, although I did try the new meatball place on CC one day this week and I was impressed.  Didn't want to like it because it replaced a Norman favorite, but the price was right (my lunch was $5.41) and the food was excellent.

Sunday:  Huevos Rancheros, fruit
This is a long-time favorite at our house. It takes a while, and I recommend making both the red and green sauces because they're both delicious. I usually double the sauce and freeze half for next time. Time saver step- skip buying soft corn tortillas and grab tostadas instead. Warm them in the oven for speedy plating. Cook eggs to your preferred texture. Serve with sliced fruit and a mimosa!

Monday:  Cream Cheese & Green Chile Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Salad
We just bought part of a grass fed and finished cow, so I'm excited to start including some beef meals into our weekly menu plans. Serve with frozen sweet potato fries and salad.

Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice, French Bread
I have an evening event Tuesday night, so I'll throw this in the slow cooker before I leave for work. When Josh gets home with the kiddos, he can make a quick batch of brown rice, heat our favorite frozen French bread in the oven, and serve an easy, delicious dinner.

Wednesday:  3 Cheese Italian Rigatoni Pie, Salad
I just love anything that comes from a spring form pan! Which one of us Type A firstborns will win the task of aligning the pasta? That's the real question. Serve with salad.

Thursday:  Herb Roasted Chicken with Butter Toasted Wild Rice

Friday:  Baba and Pops are coming and who knows where we'll end up for dinner.  $100 says Hideaway.

Bonus:  Spinach Artichoke Dip and GF Rolls

Hugo's weekly request:  Beer Cheese Dip and Crackers

Last one, I promise!  Soft Baked Pumpkin Cookies with Buttercream Icing

No comments:

Post a Comment